Homemade Butcher Block Cleaner

I love cooking and baking for my family so, needless to say my butcher block gets a lot of usage. Cleaning it has always been a tedious task for me. Now, after a quick scrub with a little bit of soap and water, I use a homemade butcher block cleaner. Not only does it cut the cleaning time in half but it also leaves my kitchen smelling nice and ensures a clean surface.
Here are the easy steps you too can follow to prepare your own homemade cleaner:
http://nowathomemom.com/homemade-butcher-block-cleaner/
If you have any homemade cleaning products to recommend please feel free to share them, I'm sure I would love to try them out.
1. Peel the lemons and only keep the peels, cut them into small pieces and put them inside a medium size mason jar
2. Fill the mason jar to the top with undiluted vinegar
3. Leave the lemon peels soak in vinegar for 10 days, this is enough time to infuse the vinegar with lemon scent
4. Pour the liquid into a plastic spray bottle, in this step you can also add water if you want it to be more diluted
5. After lightly scrubbing the butcher block with warm warmer and a little bit of soap, liberally spray over the butcher block to disinfect and then wipe off
I recommend you following these steps to prepare your own butcher block cleaner, it works very well and leaves a nice smell in your kitchen

Ingrid@nowathomemom

• Brenda Barton

Thanks @ Ingred. I keep finding more and more uses for vinegar. I used lemon halves to rub my boards with.. Clean and smell good.

• Gsh195232

Periodically re coat you're butcher block with mineral oil.It is odorless tasteless and it never spoils.