Repurposed Vanity Mirror Chalkboard

Do you have a hard time throwing things away? I do, especially if it can have a new purpose. My line of work is creating from junk and making old things news, so when I found an antique vanity in the trash I just had to save it, even if it was in pieces. One of those pieces was the back of a side mirror. Come on over to the blog for the DIY details.
repurposed vanity mirror chalkboard, chalkboard paint, crafts, home decor, repurposing upcycling
This mirror backboard had oodles of potential. Though I had many ideas, I finally decided on turning it into a chalkboard
First I need to rip off the uneven sides, sand it down and prep it for paint.
The gorgeous hand-carved details were finally able to pop as I painted, distressed, and fine tuned.
Did you know you can sharpen your school chalk with a pencil sharpener to save on buying those expensive chalk markers? I'm all about money-saving tips and share more over on my blog.
My artwork is finished and was so happy to introduce my new creation to my shop. It didn't last long! Consider yourself invited to see this project in entirety and take a tour of all sorts of DIY goodness and repurposed fun over on my blog. See you there!
Larissa ~ Prodigal Pieces