I Needed Ottomans So I Used Flea Market Tables

$57.00

In an effort to brighten up our living room I started searching for different ottoman options. I loved the one we had but it was bulky and dark brown.
These ottomans were my entry for the July Fab Furniture Flippin' Contest that was sponsored by The Old Fashioned Milk Paint Co. who provided me with product to complete the project!
While my son and his wife were shopping for a sectional I spotted two ottomans together that looked like small tables with nice comfy cushions.
I had these tables that I purchased at the flea market and they were the perfect size and height to create my own comfy footrests!
We removed the tops of the tables and I primed them then used my Old Fashioned Milk Paint Snow White to paint the legs.
Then I accented with some green paint to match the tv stand I had already made for this room. I used a black ink pad to faux distress then went over it with the Safecoat Acriglaze matte finish also from The Old Fashioned Milk Paint Co.
Then I made the cushions.
I used a 4 inch thick smart foam that I picked up at Hobby Lobby. It was 22" x 22" and I needed 20" x 20" so I cut two inches off two sides of the foam.
I chose some outdoor fabric for the tops because I thought it may hold up better to spills and be a little more durable. Fingers crossed.
I wanted some sort of a pattern on the top so I created one.
This was not the final layout I moved them around a little before I started stitching them together.
Once I got the tops done Jeff helped me staple them to the table top then he re-attached the table tops onto the legs.
They turned out pretty cute! They are very comfortable and portable too which is nice. Plus they still act as extra seating. I couldn't be more pleased!
There is a more detailed description of the whole project on my blog. I hope you will come over and check it out!
You and also sign up for my email/newsletter and receive a free printable to make a great gift for a friend.

Michelle James

• Mom19286515

One of our bathrooms are kind of small could that be done to a small bathroom or would it make it look smaller

• Not sure what you mean by "could that be DONE to a small bathroom?". You aren't actually doing anything TO the bathroom. This hack is taking a table or stool and revamping it.

You can make your stool any size that you want to fit your bathroom. It will only look smaller if your stool is too large and takes away drastically from your floor space. The important thing is to "find" the size you want...or make it from scratch.

• Monica P Cole

Can you show how you did the material ? Like step by step ? And the cushion part? I’m crafty challenged and so thatabthe part I need to see 😂

• Monica P Cole

• Pat Zamagni

Gorgeous. Wish I had of seen that when I was looking for ottomans.

• Joanie

Your ottomans are gorgeous.......great job!!