Marcela Pena
Marcela Pena
  • Argentina

Unique

Some time ago a received an email asking for a set of bed and nightstands. The lady wanted something shabby chic, romantic, but she insisted on this: it had to be unique...
unique, bedroom ideas, painted furniture, shabby chic
At an auction, as ususal, I bought this bed and matching nightstands.
I sanded the pieces but before painting, I did this special work to maintain the design of French frame the original piece had. I did it wiht wood icing (I think this is the name you give it in English).
I painted frame gold and the rest in a beige greenish colour. Then painted the centre white.
Distressed white paint so that the greenish colour below could also be seen in this part, so I was integrating both areas.
In the center, hand painted crown and text
And decoupaged some roses around
Created some shades with dark green patina
And an old pink patina on white parts. At the end used golden wax on the relief.
Followed the same steps on the nightstands.
And here is the finished set!
Some time later added a matching dresser. Now SR has the complete bedroom set!
You can see my designs on Instagram now @capitulodos.
In Pinterest, https://es.pinterest.com/capitulodos/disenos-de-capitulo-dos/
or in Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/capitulodoslapagina
Marcela Pena

• Mahmaz

What is the style of this bed? I love the rounded foot board and would love to have one, but don't know what style to look for. I'm amazed at how rude some of the posters have been. While the finished set is not my style, I certainly appreciate all the time and effort that must have gone into it. I'm sure the person who commissioned it was thrilled. I was taught that if you didn't have something nice to say, say nothing at all! Again, good work.

• Virginia

First of all you did a beautiful job and I'm green with envy for the lucky person receiving it. Secondly can you give me more information about the "wood icing"? This is the first time I've seen someone use it or heard about it.

• Marcela Pena

Virginia, I am in Argentina and materials I find here are not always de same as other countries. Some days ago I saw in this place some work with stencil, to make a raised effect, a relief, and it said the material was wood icing. As it looked quite similar to what I used, I translated it that way in this post. But I am not even sure if it is the same. In Spanish I call it enduido

• Lois Evans

What a beautiful finish! I love the font! Can you tell me the name?