Revamped Salvation Army Find Dining Chairs
This set of 4 dining chairs was purchased at the local Salvos for $25. I had some heavy quality fabric left over from another project and wanted to use it up, so these chairs seemed the perfect solution. The seats were sunken in, but the frames and cane backs were in good condition from the perspective of being solid and the cane not damaged at all. I decided that as the fabric was black and white, I would paint the frames black and use a spray white paint for the cane backs for contrast. The sunken seats could have been fixed using either new webbing and foam or using ply board and foam. In this instance, I opted for the ply board. The foam for each chair was ordered online cut to fit and cost $15 per chair for the foam - who knew foam was so expensive! The ply board was cut to size with a little help from my hubby - I measured - he cut. Hard to estimate the overall cost of the project as I already had the fabric. The project was spread over several weeks due to needing to wait in between undercoat and topcoat (2 of each) for the paint to dry and cure. Impatience can result in the paint not adhering too well and chipping easily. OK if you are going for that chippy look, but I wasn't. I had the black paint left over from another project - painting a little captains chair for our bedroom and also painting a round pine dining table sourced from the local recycle centre. Both projects also pictured in this post.