Great find...Old Masonic Columns!

The little town that my son's lives in Kansas closed down the Masonic Hall. He got the four columns (2 matching sets) complete with globes and gave them to me! Here is what I did with them along with the before picture.
great find old masonic columns, fireplaces mantels, home decor, painting, I put these globes on the fireplace mantel
I put these globes on the fireplace mantel.
great find old masonic columns, fireplaces mantels, home decor, painting, Another view of the globes on the fireplace mantel
Another view of the globes on the fireplace mantel.
great find old masonic columns, fireplaces mantels, home decor, painting, This vintage globe has some cool graphics
This vintage globe has some cool graphics.
great find old masonic columns, fireplaces mantels, home decor, painting, I painted the columns white and distressed them a bit
I painted the columns white and distressed them a bit.
great find old masonic columns, fireplaces mantels, home decor, painting, Before these are the original two sets of columns from the Masonic Hall
Before, these are the original two sets of columns from the Masonic Hall.
great find old masonic columns, fireplaces mantels, home decor, painting, I took of the masonic symbols since they looked primitive Painted them distressed white and added the black and white checkerboard up top for whimsy I placed these in the doorway between the foyer and study Hubby will add a bit to the bases to raise them up to meet the doorway molding
I took of the masonic symbols since they looked primitive. Painted them distressed white and added the black and white checkerboard up top for whimsy. I placed these in the doorway between the foyer and study. Hubby will add a bit to the bases to raise them up to meet the doorway molding.
great find old masonic columns, fireplaces mantels, home decor, painting, A close up of the black and white check
A close up of the black and white check.
great find old masonic columns, fireplaces mantels, home decor, painting, This set had the masonic symbols left on since they were very detailed and when painted all white they don t stand out This set was placed in the media room man cave on each side of the fireplace
This set had the masonic symbols left on since they were very detailed and when painted all white, they don't stand out. This set was placed in the media room/man cave on each side of the fireplace.
great find old masonic columns, fireplaces mantels, home decor, painting, These globes are so cool and the patina was fantastic so I left them original
These globes are so cool and the patina was fantastic so I left them original.
great find old masonic columns, fireplaces mantels, home decor, painting, This original globe has moon and stars with a couple of shooting stars painted on it
This original globe has moon and stars with a couple of shooting stars painted on it.
Terry M

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 6 comments
Next