A Vegetable and Herb Planter Pretty Enough for the Front Door!

Learn how to plant a mixture of edible and ornamentals to create a beautiful display. The wonderful folks from Brolly also share how to keep your mixed container garden protected and looking its best. Be sure to enter the giveaway to win your very own large planter by Brolly.
http://gardentherapy.ca/brolly-planter/
There is no reason to think a beautiful container garden has to be limited to flowers.  Vegetables and herbs and be just as head-turning!
There is no reason to think a beautiful container garden has to be limited to flowers. Vegetables and herbs and be just as head-turning!
The first thing you need to do is decide on what you will plant.  On the post, you will find examples of a sunny container garden and a part shade garden.  You should be sure that the plants have similar requirements.
The first thing you need to do is decide on what you will plant. On the post, you will find examples of a sunny container garden and a part shade garden. You should be sure that the plants have similar requirements.
Next,pick the right pot and soil.  You will find some fabulous tips in the post that will have your container looking its best.
Next,pick the right pot and soil. You will find some fabulous tips in the post that will have your container looking its best.
To avoid having the elements harm your plants by to much sun or rain, install a Brolly system. A Brolly is a smart container protector that you install when planting. You put the base in first, add soil and plants, and umbrella.
The umbrella really does a great job protecting against the various elements and is great to use when plants are young, as well.
Stop by the blog to enter to learn all about planting a mixed container garden and to enter to win your own large Brolly container garden.

Stephanie @ Garden Therapy

• Grandmasue10

I planted my Morning Glories on the East side of the house. I figured Morning Glories would like morning light. Well, it gets hot here in Denver and until today (Sept 2) I had a nice vine and no flowers. I kept putting a lace umbrella from a bridal shower 56 years ago out to shade it. Today I have 2 blooms, and they are pink instead of the blue I thought I planted. Oh well, live and learn.

• Melissa V

This is simply a commercial. The idea is simple- I have been putting umbrellas over my vegetable gardens, flowers and plants for years-California and Michigan. Just depends on Mother Nature and your own green thumb. Good luck gardeners!