Sherry Caillet
Sherry Caillet
  • Sherman, TX

I am walking on plywood floors, i would like to paint them any ideas

Phil MillerSherry CailletCyndi Moore Tippett
+3

ijust need a design idea or a few . bedroom and bathroom
  • White Oak Studio Designs

Have you seen the gorgeous large triangle, overall floor patterns on the blogs? I personally think they are totally gorgeous. I don't have any of my own photographs to share but I bet of you do a search for painted flooring and I bet some of them will turn up.

• White Oak Studio Designs

Another thought: I've seen large squared plywood floors (in Amish homes in particular) and when they are varnished, they are very attractive. Perhaps you could use stain as paint, and stain every other plywood square. For example one square a translucent grey stain, the next square a darker stain (or whatever color you select) for a light and dark pattern overall. Be sure to post your final design!

• Myrna Kuphal

I am looking for the project to make gazing balls for my garden. Someone used some kind of caulk. What was it?

• Cyndi Moore Tippett

Stencils can help with painting a wood floor. You can get large ones on line or at Hobby Lobby. You can also make your own design with a ruler/yard stick and painter's tape.

• Sherry Caillet

thanks a lot guys i appreciate it.

• Phil Miller

Assuming that your floors are pine, varnish them with a color of choice. Let dry and cover it with 2 to 3 coats of clear polyurethane. If you want to cover the floors with a color,choose the color and design, if any, and finish with the clear polyurethane.