Elizabeth Z
Elizabeth Z
  • Franklinville, NJ
Asked on Jun 11, 2012

My outdoor medal chairs used to swivel but are frozen now. I tried oil and that spray on stuff. Is there any hope?

Linda WeeksElizabeth ZLinda G
+6

• Unless penetrating oil was not used. You may be out of luck. Once the bearings which are simply only round metal balls begin to rust. They stop rolling and everything begins to stiffen up and stop. The penetrating oil may loosen the rust a bit and help out, but do not expect full smooth operation any longer. As once the rust gets in the bearing area, your pretty much out of luck.

• Linda G

Try PBBlaster. you can buy it at auto parts stores. It should do the trick!!

• Nancy L

try wd 40 that should work

• Jeanette S

Spray the WD40 a few times a day for several days and then try to move it!

• Linda G

PBBlaster is much stronger than WD40 and works much faster..we use it for everything on the farm..

• Elizabeth Z

I tried WD40......Haven't been able to find PB Blaster yet

• Linda Weeks

I found a great place online to replace the entire swivel mechanism - quick shipping and fair prices... the link is https://www.seatsandstools.com

• Linda Weeks

whoops that was a mistake, email address.... link to website is; www.SeatsandStools.com I was very happy with mine, and now my chair is 100%!

• Linda Weeks

mine had actually bent, so there was no chance of bending it back the right way...and I couldn't make it move for love nor money!