Pink Is Evil. (according to my husband)

My husband lived a pink night mare in the master bathroom for 20 years and didn't know what to do with it. Pink tub, pink stool, pink sink, pink tile on the floor and halfway up the walls. All he managed to come up with is to cover the floor with a charcoal gray carpet.
........until I arrived and changed this pink girly dream of a bathroom into something a MAN likes to live with.
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, the old bath tub Must have weight 300 pounds because it was cast iron The little partition on the end was a puzzle to me Why would someone put this there
the old bath tub. Must have weight 300 pounds because it was cast iron. The little partition on the end was a puzzle to me. Why would someone put this there?
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, Pink tile counter top and partly up the wall
Pink tile counter top and partly up the wall.
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, Out with the pink nightmare of tile work and the tub
Out with the pink nightmare of tile work and the tub.
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, more pink tiles removed from the wall behind the counter top
more pink tiles removed from the wall behind the counter top.
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, A soaking corner bath tub The frame work was put in by a carpenter and the plumbing done by a professional plumber Not my metier
A soaking corner bath tub. The frame work was put in by a carpenter and the plumbing done by a professional plumber. (Not my metier)
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, New water prove sheet rock now this I put in myself
New water prove sheet rock, now this I put in myself.
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, Sponged faux finished on the ceiling using raw Sienna and raw umber along with white acrylics and glaze of course
Sponged faux finished on the ceiling using raw Sienna and raw umber along with white acrylics and glaze of course.
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, Pink stool and tank turned white having used an epoxy and marbled the seat and tank cover also epoxy
Pink stool and tank turned white having used an epoxy and marbled the seat and tank cover also epoxy.
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, The pink tiles left on the counter top was first treated with new grout and then marbled also with epoxy The pink sink turned white just like the stool
The pink tiles left on the counter top was first treated with new grout and then marbled also with epoxy. The pink sink turned white just like the stool.
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, close up of the marble look
close up of the marble look
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, And this earned me the nick name Carlangelo it s the Zodiac done with rhinestone and glitter over black paint I tried to paint the stars silver but it looked like hell So I coated it again and used the Rhinestones instead
And this earned me the nick name Carlangelo ... it's the Zodiac done with rhinestone and glitter over black paint. I tried to paint the stars silver but it looked like hell. So I coated it again and used the Rhinestones instead.
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, And this is the Egyptian theme that will go across the entire wall It s not finished yet I am working on it We call this bathroom now our Wet Tomb or better not say lol
And this is the Egyptian theme that will go across the entire wall. It's not finished yet. I am working on it. We call this bathroom now our "Wet Tomb" ... or better not say ... lol
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, cabinets where white just received a new coat of paint It was needed
cabinets where white just received a new coat of paint. It was needed.
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, A matching seat all the way around the tub and the enclosure painted with the same sponged faux finish
A matching seat all the way around the tub and the enclosure painted with the same sponged faux finish.
pink is evil according to my husband, bathroom ideas, tiling, Last but not least the pink tile was removed from the floor It has spots where the tile was loose or cracked Beneath a plywood floor I sanded this with a belt sander and I ll never use such heavy equipment again I ll tell you But after that the floor was done with the same epoxy marbled and framed with tile look faux finish It s lasting and lasting This bathroom is now 2 years old
Last but not least the pink tile was removed from the floor. It has spots where the tile was loose or cracked. Beneath a plywood floor. I sanded this with a belt sander and I'll never use such heavy equipment again, I'll tell you. But after that the floor was done with the same epoxy marbled and framed with tile look faux finish. It's lasting and lasting. This bathroom is now 2 years old.
Carla K

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 18 comments
Next