Debra D
Debra D
  • Palmyra, PA
Asked on Jun 12, 2012

Do you have upper cabinets in your kitchen?

Roger SKMS Woodworks

I need space in my kitchen and was inspired by beautiful kitchens with those upper cabinets. http://www.thebungalowblog.com/2012/06/trying-to-create-upper-cabinets-in-the-kitchen.html
Most of them I've seen have glass in the doors. I decided to attempt to make some myself and here's the progress so far. I need to sand and fill in with tons of wood putty but I think they'll be ok. Now I have to figure out the doors. Can anyone tell me how to make the doors? Any hints are appreciated! I'm looking for a creamy white paint color too....any recommendations?
q do you have upper cabinets in your kitchen, doors, kitchen cabinets
  • KMS Woodworks

If you want the doors to match the arch profile you currently have that is going to take some work and some specialty tools ( router table, panel bits etc) this is normally a bit beyond DIY.. you may have better luck looking online for a company that builds doors to custom sizes. Many cabinet refacing companies do this.

• Roger S

If you want to make these doors your self then e-mail me at rdsteps@att.net and I will send you some directions that will show you how to make these doors. I need to know what you have in the way of wood working tools that you can use. I will be glad to give you directions. These type of doors are not hard to make just takes some time. check out my work at my page.