My Granddaughter's Playhouse

My husband and I had so much fun transforming our granddaughter's playhouse that her other Granddad salvaged from someone who wanted it moved. He hauled it to their back yard and put it in place and we went to work on it. This little house had a sad ending, though. Hurricane Katrina flooded their back yard and the foundation sustained significant damage. Her dad thought that it had seen its best life, so it went to the dump! Oh, how I wish I had it in my back yard now......floor or no floor. But they live 8 hours away and hauling it that far would have been out of the question.
my granddaughter s playhouse, diy, how to, fire pit, repurposing upcycling, It was structurally sound except for one place in the floor which required a new board
It was structurally sound except for one place in the floor which required a new board.
my granddaughter s playhouse, diy, how to, fire pit, repurposing upcycling, It soaked up the primer quickly and took a lot more than we expected
It soaked up the primer quickly, and took a lot more than we expected!
my granddaughter s playhouse, diy, how to, fire pit, repurposing upcycling, After Papaw finished the spray painting my job was to paint the trim
After Papaw finished the spray painting, my job was to paint the trim.
my granddaughter s playhouse, diy, how to, fire pit, repurposing upcycling, She really helped me a lot
She really helped me a lot!
my granddaughter s playhouse, diy, how to, fire pit, repurposing upcycling, and I really helped her a lot
.....and I really helped her a lot!! :)
my granddaughter s playhouse, diy, how to, fire pit, repurposing upcycling, I stretched my artistic ability to paint her a wall tree She liked it and she is not hard to please
I stretched my artistic ability to paint her a wall tree. She liked it, and she is not hard to please!! :)
my granddaughter s playhouse, diy, how to, fire pit, repurposing upcycling, All done and ready for fun times
All done and ready for fun times!

• Sandra Crosbie

That is a beautiful little house. You are brilliant grandparents to do this. I hope she has many years playing in there.

• Andrew Bounader

Pat,

I Love it!
    The window boxes with the flowers really set it off. And the artwork inside is the icing on the cake.
    Hard to believe it's the same cubby.

Andrew