Brooks Custom
Brooks Custom
  • Mount Kisco, NY
Asked on Jun 12, 2012

New Blog! - Antimicrobial Copper

Miriam IBrooks CustomWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.com
+1

Hello, everyone. Thought I'd share the new blog we just launched. I hope to share some interesting tidbits and current events that won't bore you to death. This first post is on Antimicrobial Copper. Not too many people are aware of this yet, and don't be surprised if you start to see hospital rooms outfitted with copper in the not-so-distant future. Enjoy!
http://www.brookscustom.com/blog/
  • 3po3

Interesting. I didn't know any of that about copper. Thanks for sharing.

• This is a interesting topic. This is why they use higher levels of copper in treated lumber as it prevent the molds that decay the wood. And that explains why its more important to use special screws and fasteners that will not react to this material. Even new high end shingles that are stain resistant have higher level of copper in the formula when they are manufactured. So this makes perfect sense to use as a counter top. It is just very expensive to do so.

• Brooks Custom

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

• Miriam I

Very interesting info! I had no idea, but that isn't surprising. :)