The Easiest Free Makeover Using Wine Corks

$0

I have one more reason to meet my friends for a glass of wine: I need wine corks for this new project. And I bet you would never imagine what it's all about.
Go check your kitchen furniture, you might want to update it too after seeing my project!
Gather all the wine corks you can get and clean them gently with a wet sponge. Let them dry.
Use a spray paint to cover them with your favorite color or you can let them as they are and spray them later with varnish, for protection.
Draw flowers or stars on the wine corks using a sharp marker, as you see below. You can draw anything you want only on the cap, or all over at your choice.
Cover the corks with a coat of varnish for long time protection of your art, and let them dry completely. If you don't have varnish on hand, a coat of nail polish would also work, even if it's harder to apply.
Turn the cork upside down and make a small hole to mark the center of the stalk. Now you've just turned the wine cork into a knob!
Fix the cork on your furniture door with a screw whose length is 3/4 of your new DIY knob. Screw slowly, so you could feel when the metal stops drilling through the knob.
Can you imagine an easier kitchen furniture makeover?
Visit the link below for more pictures and ideas on how to paint your wine corks for this project!

30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
3 Wonderful Ways You Can Upcycle Old Windows
Get The Party Started With These Perfect DIY Decor Ideas
21 Stunning Wreaths for The 4th of July
Make Your Kitchen Beautiful With These 15 Inexpensive Ideas
23 Surprising Uses for Curtain Rings
Gabi Ralea

• Linda Hunt
    Linda Hunt

This is an incredibly great way to create knobs I truly like since I cannot afford the metal ones I want! Those babies are expensive when I add up the cost. Thanks for the idea. I just have one question. This Canadian does not know what vernis is. Is this a special kind of varnish for cork?? Regards, Linda

• Trudy
      Trudy

An easy way to varnish corks would be to put the wood screw in a turn to hold and the dip it into water based polyurethane. You could tap off the extra and then attach them to a wire coat hanger with clothespin to hold the screw. Hanging to dry so to speak. Good way to do a lot of them fast for cabinet handles. May need to use a small brush to touch up any drips before they dry

• Sophie
    Sophie

very nice , great use of corks modern innovative what happens if these get wet?

• Brianinbc
      Brianinbc

Cork requires compression to stop leakage from wine bottles. That is, cork is only leakproof if it is sealed in some manner, hence the varnish recommendation. And yes, I have had the experience when corks are allowed to dry before proper racking.

• Lindaholding77
    Lindaholding77

Hello l love it! Do l use wood screws? Thank you! Linda

• Kay
    Kay

Hi Gabi, I like these. These are just great! They are inexpensive to make, plus not to mentin the recycling, repurposing, of the corks to, plus more excuses to drink wine hey. We made pinup boards out off corks with the GIrl guide's. Thanks for sharing. I need to send out the word with family for corks now! I Just thought, what about decorated wiine corks as stoppers for decorated wine bottles to? Kay Adelaide Australia
  • Ann Cassler
    Ann Cassler

I love it! Great job! I used a wine cork as a handle for a glass butter dish cover. Glued it on with E 6000. Has been through the dishwasher several times and still looks great.

• Gabi Ralea
      Gabi Ralea

Wow! This is awesome! I will use the same glue too. Thank you for the trick! :)