DIY Knobs Using Polymer Clay

In one of the furniture we thrifted, there were these knobs which do not serve any purpose. They were just for the aesthetics.They were old and rusted and totally 8 knobs per door. I do not want to spend a lot for these knobs and also don't want the glossy spray painted gold look instead I thought the knobs with some design embossed will look will be good on the cabinet. So I decided to use my favourite medium - polymer clay to give them a little update. I will also show you 3 options that you can use to update your old knobs using polymer clay. Let's get started.
Roll a sheet of clay . Use any textured sheet to create an embossed effect. Here I'm using a flower patterned textured sheet to match the designs on the cabinet I'm using the knobs. Place the sheet upside down on the sheet of clay and use the roller to make the impression of the design even.
Remove the sheet and place the knob upside down . Trace around the outline leaving half an inch allowance using the craft knife. Cover the knob the embossed clay circle. Make sure there are no air bubbles.
Bake the knobs as per the instructions on the package of the clay. I baked the knobs at 275F for 45 mins. Allow it to cool and your knobs are ready. To learn how to make other two knobs and give the black tinted antique look, check the blog post link below.

• Old knobs
  • Polymer clay
  • Textured sheet  (Sculpey brand at Michaels)

15 Perfectly Round Tables
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
15 Totally Doable Makeover Ideas You Can Finish In One Day
Sahana

• Jayne Lindstrom
    Jayne Lindstrom

These knobs are stunning! Unless examined closely, you would never know the know were covered in clay. Outstanding!
  • Joyce
    Joyce

Love love this look......can't wait to try it.