The Space Between
The Space Between
  • Key West, FL

Which Ceiling Fan Would You Choose for a House in Key West, FL?

LesleyH.O. ElectricLandlightS
+4

I know not everyone loves the ceiling fan. But it's a necessity down here in Key West, FL. Check out these great options from Lamps Plus, I'd love to know your favorite!! It will go in our guest bedroom. #‎LightingIdeas‬
which ceiling fan would you choose for a house in key west fl, lighting
  • Larose LoganOakes

They are all lovely but maybe you should consider what room it is going into. I like the 4TH one but I think that it might not be all that easy to clean. You should also determine if you want it flush against the ceiling or hanging lower. I chose one that did not have a closed globe as it is easier to replace the bulbs when they blow.:)

• The Space Between

Good point @Margaret LaRose ! I added it to the post, it's for our guest bedroom, so not a super huge room. :)

• Mary Insana

I like #4 if it came in a lighter color. The length of the hang down doesn't matter in the pictures. All fans can bet flush mounted or hanging down. What are the colors in your room? I think that makes a difference in which fan too. Can you put a picture of your room or describe it to us :) thanks

• Larose LoganOakes

Also you need to determine what length?width? you would like the fan to be. They come in all different sizes. We have a place in Lake Wales,FL and the ceiling fan was already in the bedroom when we moved in. The place is a rental and we could replace the fan if we wanted to but we both liked it so we kept it but my point is that the bulb blew and it was a very strange looking bulb so it wasn't easy to find a replacement for it. That is something else to think about with all of these companies replacing standard bulbs with the new fangled ones (LED, I believe.)And last but not least the cost and availability of your choices.

• LandlightS

Remember that although they look wonderful, not all fans are created equal. Many ceiling fans now carry a "limited lifetime warranty" and the word limited has great meaning. I would suggest that you look at the indoor/outdoor collection from Emerson Fans. They manufacturer some of the best, most efficient fans in the United States. Here is a link for Emerson with a great "Key West" style fan: http://www.emersonfans.com/Pages/Fan.aspx?Fan=Laguna%20Bay Additionally, when a ceiling fan is installed with the standard down rod the blades will be 12 inches from the ceiling. When it is "flush" mounted, the blades are 7 - 8 inches from the ceiling BUT, the air circulation is 30 % less efficient.Add to this post...I would also suggest that you use an "outdoor" fan with the humidity in your area, thus preventing the warping of the blades. Good luck, Gary

• H.O. Electric

I like #2

• Lesley

I prefer a flush mount fan. I also take in consideration the surface if I get wild and redecorate and paint it. I did that in my kitchen and LOVE it.