Height for Tonge and Grove Panneling in Small Bathroom?

+3
Is there any industry standard for the height for paneling in a small bathroom? I plan to use painted, tongue groove paneling in a small bathroom to add some wall interest in a 1950's ranch home. (I rescued this paneling from a cottage makeover.)
I am wondering how high I should go with the paneling height? I'd like to paint above it for contrast as opposed to cover the entire wall. I also prefer to have the room look bigger (feel more spacious) rather than look smaller (if that is possible.)
Is there a standard of figuring height compared to vanity height or medicine chest height? Thanks!
My newish granite countertop is (black/white/cream/maple). I'd likely paint the paneling a soft/pale creamy/gold/cream color and paint white on the wallboard above it. I'm thinking of a narrow self where the paneling meets the wallboard.
Small House / Big Sky Donna / White Oak Studio Designs / SWMichiganHand-Painted Vintage Furniture Transformations
Blog: http://smallhouseunderabigsky.wordpress.comFacebook: donnaallgaierlamberti@facebook.com (for portfolioof chalk painted work)
q height for tonge and grove panneling in small bathroom, bathroom ideas, diy, how to, paint colors, small bathroom ideas, wall decor, Granite countertop new sink step one
Granite countertop, new sink; step one.