More Garden Crystals: Make Your Garden Sparkle With Crystals II

On Sunday I was sitting on the patio looking at the garden crystals I created a while back. Previous post "Make your garden sparkle with crystals" which are still hanging doing great. But I thought about my flower pots and decided they needed a little sparkle too. I wanted it to look as if I was watering the plants. Don't know, maybe so. I still have to play with it a bit. But here's how I did it. Crystals from www.FireMountaingems.com on line.
I used ice blue color and clear crystals to look like water. The crystals shapes are flat ovals, teardrops and bicones.
The flat oval crystals are also faceted to give more sparkle with the sun. The wire
Watering my roses. My roses are not many but they are getting there.
This one is made of all clear crystals. Used to show instructions.
Simple supplies, and simple to do. 16 gauge steel wire. I used a thicker wire to hold bend, small bamboo stick, but large enough for the wire to stick inside. The monofilament fishing line to make the tassels.
Use large eye crystals for wire. After stringing your crystals on wire make a loop at the top end of the hook to hang the tassel. I then covered the bamboo (optional) with plant tape.
Make your tassel with the monofilament fishing line. I used only 2 strands, which will make a 4 strand tassel.
Take another piece of fishing line and gather the tassel strands together then string on a large crystal with both ends. Tie the tassel to the loop in the wire. You are done. Now water your flowers with sparkle. :-)

Questions on this post

Your question...
  2 questions

Comments

2 of 27 comments
Next