Anyone know where to get wild begonias?

SONIAJulie EvansApril E
+2

My mom gave me wild begonias handed down from her mom. While mine spread a tiny bit each year, i would like more to spread throughout my yard
My little shade garden with wild begonias handed down from my grandmother to my mother to me

Julie, I think you want to look for hardy begonia, Begonia grandis. It's often a passalong plant, as it was in your family, but named cultivars ("Heron's Pirouette" is one) have been developed that may be found in nurseries or online sources.

• 360 Sod (Donna Dixson)

lol...you share the same name as a designer in our area that loves to use Begonia grandis in her designs.

• April E

why not take cuttings of the begonias you have? they are easy to root with a little care and that would insure you have the same plant

• Julie Evans

Thanks Doug & April, i should have thought of that! I will try cuttings today. I should have looked it up Doug, thanks

• SONIA

VERY PRETTY ..