Make a Pallet Fence that will cost you nothing

Pallets can be found so many places for free. And you can make all kind of great things from them. We have made this from light weight pallets. Here goes: Drill some supporting pallet boards to the walls - like 2 or 3 on top of each other. Drill the first pallet you see on the left of the picture to the supporting boards. Drill the following pallets to the previous. Do the same on the opposite side. If you do not have a wall to fix it on, then find a log that you can put down in the ground to fix it to. On the pallet you will use for a gate place some strong hinges and a lock on the other side. For extra support put some boards or small logs in the front and/or back to keep it solid. Happy hunting and building
pallet fence, fences, outdoor living, pallet, repurposing upcycling

• Laticia Klein

About how many pallets would you need for 1.25 acres?

• Farley Carter

The answer would depend on the dimensions of your property not the acreage which is a measure of area. Below are three examples of 1 acre. As you can see quite different perimeters. 20' x 2178' = 4396' of fencing needed 40' x 1089' = 2258' of fencing needed 100' x 435.6' = 1071.2' of fencing needed

• Donna

Do you have other projects to show? I'm about to "inherit" lots of pallets and need lots of ideas! Thanks

• Kandi

Could you post more pictures please? Love this idea!

• Siff S

Sorry I have moved from there and have no more pictures.

• Eleisha

I have a German Shepard and I'm trying to make a fence for my back yard without cementing it can you give my any advice on what to do with my backyard.

• Siff S

I would hammer some pointed posts as deep down as possible in between the pallets and make sure to use Wood that does nor rot too fast like oak. However im no expert so keep asking around :) good luck!

• S

Thanks. I needed an answer to the same question. I need to get something built this weekend.

• Judi Venusbaby

I used T-post to hammer into the ground then slid the pallets right over them. Worked like a charm. You will need two post for each pallet.
    • Carolyn Yeldell

Be sure and get treated wood ones.
  • Nancy

where do you find free pallets where do you find free pallets ?s

• Siff S

Many companies and stores have pallets from the shipments they recieve. Go and talk to them in your local area and ask if they can spare a few light weight ones. Good luck :)

• Eva Mather

Thank you

• Carolyn Yeldell

Craig's list always has plenty. All sizes for numerous projects. ALWAYS FREE.
    • Donna McLaughlin

I know Lowe's sells them for $1.00 each. You pick them out and you load them into your trust/trailer yourself.
  • She28491921

are there any plans for this fence?
    • Kathie Elia

You don't need plans. This is really easy to do. Align your pallets and drill through the ends to connect them. they won't be free standing unless the ends are connected to something.

• 32816514

Dear Sir/Madam,

I have a Welsh Springer Spaniël and we are moving to a new house where we have to fence the garden for a cheap as possible way, with no cement. We also thought to work with pallets for 2-3 years so thank you for your creation it is wonderfull. Now I have a some questions: How hight and wide are the pallets? How did you managed to fix it into the wall? How did you make the door? And wha equipment did you use to make all of this?

Thank you very much for answering all of my questions! :D

Yours sincerely,

Sofie

(Belgium)

• Kathie Elia

they are around 4 feet wide by 4.5 feet tall. this being said, pallets differ in sizes.

• Omar Carrasquilla

How can I use my existing metal face post to support a privacy pallet face?

• Cindy

I wand to build a bigger dog fence for my dogs, do you have to have posts in the ground to support the fence?

• BERNICE kELLER

I'M ALREADY A MEMBER OF DIY. HOW CAN I SEND DIY. TO OTHERS? CAN I JUST E-MAIL IT TO THEM ?DONE.?THANKS

• Suzanne

how do you get the fence not to lean? I've made a pallet fence but despite the steel posts secured to it and pounded into the ground, it still leans from wind and weather.

• Zuraida Oen

What a fantastic idea!! I never thought you could rig old pallets into fencing for your home or business. This would save money since you would not have to rent a dumpster. I would suggest that you would use some type of wood seal to make the fence look better and last longer. Also you would want to do simple repairs to replace old, damaged or rotting wood on each pallet.

• Aryan mag

Great post! It's sturdy but heavy. I just thought on the hinge if it''ll last long. Thanks anyway for sharing this. Keep it up! https://alexandriafence.com/