Asked on Jun 13, 2012

Grow a Row

Woodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.comSherrie S3po3
+1

As many know I am involved with horses, both as a hobby, but also to help raise money for Susan G. Komen by sponsoring events such as the Ride for the Cure event. Part of our ride takes us through many nice properties and farms located in Hunterdon county NJ. One of these great places is Grow a Row. A non-profit farming venture who grows food for those in our state that cannot get their hands on fresh produce because of financial reasons. If you live or reside in the NJ area or any place for that matter, check out their site and donate some of your time to help this farm continue to succeed in their efforts. We recently had many of our riders help them plant hundreds of seedlings that will grow to healthy produce that they will give away. http://americasgrowarow.org/
  • Miriam I

Thank you for posting this!

• 3po3

What a great idea. I have heard about so many cool non-profits and interesting ventures going on in Jersey. Your state clearly gets an unfairly bad rap. Kudos to the Springsteen State.

• Sherrie S

That is a wonderful project.

• It is amazing how many people help this place out. Its growing in size every year. Its fun when riding around the outside of the farm to smell all the vegetables that they plant.