Mindy
Mindy
  • Edgerton, WI

Updated Photos of Our Previous Work This Spring

Susan SeaseNancy MayTJ
+38

Added some flowers to our privacy fence area. And to the area where we covered the tree roots. Now need to think of something to add onto the doors for some decoration?
area where we had tree roots
area where we had tree roots
Privacy fence
Privacy fence
  • Barb Rosen

I always vote for some birdhouses : ) Welcome to Hometalk, Mindy!

• Miriam I

Where did you find those awesome doors?! Love the color!

• Alexandra Arena

I would add some sort of small accents like a collection of rusty stars, mirrors & art!

• Bluee8491

they sell small chairs at Lowes..Home depot..or yard sales ") you could paint them bright colors and put potted plants on them

• Kat Dean

panels in doors painted like stained glass windows

• Hassie B

Mirrors

• Audrey D'Alessandro

On the privacy fence I would add some hanging pots of flowers at different levels, paint some decorations (nothing heavy) matching the hangers and or some painted metal decorations. space all at different levels

• Constance Giacobbi

use metal wreath hangers ( over the door hangers) and hang wreaths (living or fake) or metal stars on them. Also I have seen the shoe organizers used as vertical planters.

• Colleen H

First of all I would paint them white. I would cut out some panels to make them look like windows. I think some window boxes hung with bright colored flowers would be beautiful. Some bird houses and a waterfall of some type would add a lot of interest.

• Cheryll Landis

stencil geometric designs on some of the panels and a few in solid nice bright colors :)

• Betty Aldrich

I would hang flower planters on the fence. and take Mason Quart jars, put flameless candles in them and hang them around the doors too.

• Nora Q

I'd make them look like theTardis

• Kathy Casey Council

i would hang yard art flowers (stack plates top with flower shaped dip tray and you have large colorful flowers and you can embellish them with butterflies or bees

• SaphhireX

Make them T.A.R.D.I.S doors.

• Dianna59

i paint some flowers on the doors and more color around it

• Barbara Soox

Love the door Idea could use a mix of bold/ pastel colors even some graffiti. Let yourimagination do it 1 door at a time

• Barbara Soox

like the stain glass Idea

• Dix183812

solar light sconces.

• Wanda

I would put butterflies on the doors because they are beautiful creatures and they come in many different colors and I love looking at them they make me smile.

• Jota Rinehart

It's just too busy!! Outline around the squares of the doors Red. Leave the Red Planters, throw in some White Planters and it'll look good. Too much bikes, tires, statues, etc. Make it Simple...Keep It Simple!!

• love the privacy door what a unique idea, I would decorate with some ivy vine and maybe a few wreathes and that is it, where did u find the doors would love them in my back yard to give some privacy to my yard

• Gail Salminen

@Mindy how beautiful. I love it, looks so inviting. Love what you have done with the tires! You could put some dirt into the bottom of the yellow tire to be a planter as well - add a hanging sedum - I find they come back every year. For the doors - just saying they look great as is - but if you want to want to add some detail, you could paint white or yellow lattice like design on them or just in the square sections. Do keep us updated with pics of your incredible creativity :)

• Sondra A

Howdy, neighbor! Love the blue, it really adds. How sturdy are the doors? Right now you have large privacy fence with small items around the bottom so you need something to tie it together. You could put hooks towards the top to hang windchimes, potted plants, birdhouses or birdfeeders. You could paint a panel or two with something simple that goes with your motif, such as a large sunflower, hearts, diamond shapes.Or stencil something - use a doily for your stencil or other design. A bench could be put where the white plant table is.

• Donna C

I would paint the doors some color that is natural, take out the panels and install hooks with small wind chimes, stars, hanging solar lanterns and add a couple of comfy Adirondack chairs or some type of seating with a small table and another solar lantern on the table.

• Patricia Cleveland

@Mindy: for this year you could stencil some artwork on them - flowers, etc. Then plant some perennials that would climb up them next year?

• Cin206435

I'd paint a beach scene across the doors! :)

• Mary S

I would probably attach some potted planters in spots and also cut out spots and put colored plexi-glass in them.

• Carol Gould

I would hang flower wreaths on some doors butterfies (metal) on some doors the moon, sun which ever is your favorite

• Patricia Cleveland

@Mindy : I love Donna C's ideas-hang some pots from the top of the doors. If you want them to fade a little into the background paint them an earthy color; if you want them to "pop" leave them the color they are!

• TJ

Wonderful use of color. I like the idea of using using over the door wreath hooks to hang whatever you like whenever you find something. I just noticed the 2 kissing dutch kids near the bottom..... I think it would be very cute to paint something like that on the doors in almost life-size.

• Larose LoganOakes

I noticed that the color blue that you chose to paint the doors is the same color as the background on the state flag of WI. Do you plan to leave the doors outside in the winter? If you choose to paint the doors with a scene you might check at your local high school art department and see if they have any students that might be interested in painting a mural for you.Just a thought.Lots of time they will do it for free just for the benefit of having such a large canvas to paint on.Sometimes they can incorporate it into their class work or projects. You would have the final say as to what got painted on the doors. It's a good way to encourage youth to be creative and get their work displayed in public/private.Good Luck!:)

• Mindy

@TJ the 2 kissing dutch kids came from my Grandma she made them many years ago, I just love them. Thanks for all the great ideas. We are trying to stay away from putting in any holes in the doors or cutting into them. Just so they will last longer through the weather. They will stay up all year. @Larose I like the idea of checking with the high school what a great idea. My thought yesterday was the over the door hangers. So now another question. I like the idea of hanging butterflies on the doors. I'm thinking I would attach them with a adhesive just so the doors stay intact? The doors were white, but I wanted some color, so blue it was. @Marianne we found the doors in our shed, but I did find some at the Habitat for Humanity resale store. That is a great place to look for any remodeling projects. We found brand new house shutters for $5 a piece. We are making a new area with a privacy fence from these in the fall. Pictures to come later down the line.

• Suzanne Doucette

mirrors......! Different sizes and shapes......

• Frances Rockwell

I would love to see a "Pacific Island" scene on the side facing the yard. It brings peace and serenity and on the road side a blending of patriotic and Christian showing I am at peace and love my country. Also keeping it simple. Simple is elegant.

• Cma206624

I would get some picture frames paint in light,pastel colors maybe green or yellow even cream or white, spray paint some twigs and glue them onto the back of the frames and attach to the doors maybe take a 2x4 and make a " box" kinda like a frame but hang it so its like an open shelf that you can see the door inside, then you could place small potted plants on the " shelves". Saw this on tv just this morning it's so cute!

• Betty C

I would put a small white bench in front of two them, as it seems you need something to ground them better. also I like the idea of painting them like lattice but I would use yellow for the lattice and then paint red roses to tie in with your other red.

• Dee Wendrick DeVoe

I would have cut the middle panels out and hung a plant/decoration in them and perhaps painted the top/bottom a different color as well as a possible border/outline pattern. :)

• Joyce

Now you know - everyone's taste is different. I like your taste - you're headed in the right direction. Have you seen the post where they used old hubcaps and painted them to look like flowers? Can use varying heights of rod to display them in front of door and not have to change your door if you didn't want to.

• TJ

Mindy, how awesome that the Dutch kids hold meaning for you. That is more reason why I would find way to enhance them. Putting them by the doors suggested to me that they were hiding to steal a kiss. How about a Dutch Windmill or since the doors are blue like water, a stone arch bridge (they are all over Amsterdam).

• Nancy May

plant honeysuckles not only will they look good your whole lawn will smell wonderful

• Susan Sease

Seeing your taste I now understand why you think the room I decorated for my daughter is "still boring", to each her own, but I would never leave such a negative comment. Good luck with your gardening.