Blanket Rack to Farmhouse Vegetable Stand

A flea market find scored a storage solution! I found a blanket rack and intended to repurpose it into a farmhouse style vegetable stand... for our kitchen!
blanket rack to farmhouse vegetable stand, kitchen cabinets, kitchen design, organizing
I found this blanket rack at a local flea market and was determined to flip it into a farmhouse vegetable stand. Especially now during the peak of garden season. Imagine a veggie stand... farm style in the kitchen.
I started with removing the top rod and replacing it onto the bottom of the rack. Then, after cleaning the blanket rack, painted it. Then drew on farm images on the side panels. Finally distressed it and waxed it.
The fun part was adding some wire baskets and adding the produce!
***Please note: The fresh produce used here were for photograph purposes. Not all produce is stored at room temperature. ***
It's a fun and farmhouse style to keep produce without cluttering up the counters. Having this kind of storage is enjoyable! Easy access for cooking and eating. Repurposing and paint certainly makes needed things new and functional without breaking the budget. It's furniture flippin fun!
This project was created for the Fab Furniture Flippin Contest, sponsored by Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company with the theme, "Farmhouse Fun"!
‪#‎FabSponsor‬
‪#‎FarmhouseFun‬
‪#‎OldFashionedMilkPaintCompany‬
‪#‎FabFlippinContest‬
For more details see the original post --> http://redoityourselfinspirations.blogspot.com/2016/07/farmhouse-vegetable-stand.html

• Paints  (Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company)
  • Sealing Wax  (Old Fashioned Milk Paint Company)
  • Wire Baskets  (Target)
Robin @ Redo It Yourself Inspirations

• The13363824

It is a Quilt stand to display your quilts. I would like to have one.

• Jeri Walker

Oh my gosh, my dad who has passed away made me a quilt rack, I never got to use it because of small space in bedroom, now I know how I can use it, maybe for toys in baskets also. thanks so much for your idea.