DIY Vertical Succulent Garden

My daughter gave me a set of unfinished boards for Christmas last year because she thought "I could do something with them". Challenge accepted!
diy vertical succulent garden, container gardening, flowers, gardening, succulents
I thought the boards looked like mini pallets which gave me the idea to create a vertical succulent garden.
I wanted to use real succulents but when I found faux succulents at the dollar store, I decided to go with those. I cleaned the dollar store out of all of them that day. The first thing I did was to stain the boards with Rustoleum weathered gray stain to give them a more rustic look.
Next I arranged the succulents on the boards, repositioning them until I had a layout that I liked. Once I was happy with it, I secured them to the boards with a little hot glue.
Now that the succulents were in place, I thought it looked a little bare so I filled in around them when some sheet moss. Also securing that with hot glue. This part gets a little messy, you'll want to have some newspaper underneath for easy clean up.
I plan to hang these outside on my covered porch. I don't think they would hold up if exposed to the elements for long, so keep them indoors or in a sheltered location outside.
TheHoneycombHome