DIY Vertical Succulent Garden

My daughter gave me a set of unfinished boards for Christmas last year because she thought "I could do something with them". Challenge accepted!
I thought the boards looked like mini pallets which gave me the idea to create a vertical succulent garden.
I wanted to use real succulents but when I found faux succulents at the dollar store, I decided to go with those. I cleaned the dollar store out of all of them that day. The first thing I did was to stain the boards with Rustoleum weathered gray stain to give them a more rustic look.
Next I arranged the succulents on the boards, repositioning them until I had a layout that I liked. Once I was happy with it, I secured them to the boards with a little hot glue.
Now that the succulents were in place, I thought it looked a little bare so I filled in around them when some sheet moss. Also securing that with hot glue. This part gets a little messy, you'll want to have some newspaper underneath for easy clean up.
I plan to hang these outside on my covered porch. I don't think they would hold up if exposed to the elements for long, so keep them indoors or in a sheltered location outside.

15 Genius Hacks to Keep Pests Away
30 Ideas To Make Your Office Look Great
15 Ways to Spice up Your Floors
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
25 Fun Things You'll Want to DIY Before the Spring Arrives
Add A Hint Of Farmhouse Style In Your Home With These Ideas
15 Ways To Upcycle And Create More Storage At The Same Time
TheHoneycombHome

• Jordan Le Bouton

Ha ha. The remarks made me laugh. This is cute and I can see where this would be really cute. I will have a screened in front porch and this would be very nice to look at.

• MaryAnn B

This is a great idea for my covered deck. Either areas are just too darned hot or too shaded. I've tried to grow shade and sun plants. I've always been disappointed or the plants die. I think I go for the faux succulents. Yes the comments were funny???