5 New Uses for Old Things - DIY Home Decor

Greetings Readers!
I would like to preface this entry with that I felt very inspired to write on this subject. Since I am a lover of "Old" things, I would also love to make them current and useful. I have so many antiques in my apartment. (This creates my eclectic style that I love!) What you don't know is that I have A LOT of old things stored away and protected. But I have decided that I would like to re-purpose them.
1. Old Hardback Books - Take them apart! You heard me! Take them apart and use the front and back cover to bind a new fun journal for yourself. I would even use a couple of the original pages with in the notebook to add some fun ...
2. Vintage Postcards, Photos, and Stamps - Turn it into hang-able wall art! All you need is a little time and a hot glue gun! I think I am actually going to paint a thin layer of something fun over this collage.So stay tuned for the...
3. Old Silverware- Into Kitchen Towel/Potholder hooks! Heat em up and bend them to your will! A little metal working may be required to drill an hole in the silverware to be able to secure them to the wall or maybe think about...
4. Picture Frame - This can magically transform into... A cocktail tray
and jewelry holder...
A Chalkboard...
a bedside tray for pretties!!
A magnetic board! Options are endless...
5. Wine Glasses - Tea Candle holders. A little sand, a little light and the "Vois la!" you have some new accent decor for your living room, bedroom, bathroom or entryway!
Just another take on wine glasses as tea light holders.

30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
Live Life In Color With These Amazing Ideas For Your Home
Beautify Your Home With These Flower Ideas
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Sharpie Makeovers
3 Easy Ways to Make The Cutest Coasters for Your House
Spring Cleaning Tricks for the Kitchen
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
15 Memorial Day Crafts
Fun Father's Day Gift Ideas You Can Make Yourself
Meredith Schneider

• Brittany

Love these ideas. I have two calendars from the past two years that I just love the monthly photos on. I have been thinking about making a collage. Cool stuff.

• Pat Mencke

Beautiful ideas. Thank U.