Meredith Greenberg
Meredith Greenberg
  • Redondo Beach, CA

6 Considerations When Decorating a Small Space

I struggled with this concept when I was moving into my 400 sq. foot studio apartment when I was 23. But after figuring out some things that worked along the way I thought I would share with all of you amazing readers!
1. Multi-Functional & Effectively Using Space You Have -  This can be applied to many areas with in your decor. It could be applied to furniture, storage, and just your aesthetic. (see more space saving tips on my blog)
1. Multi-Functional & Effectively Using Space You Have - This can be applied to many areas with in your decor. It could be applied to furniture, storage, and just your aesthetic. (see more space saving tips on my blog)
2. Aesthetic - whether it is eclectic or shabby chic, all can be done in a successful way in a small space.
3. Color Scheme - Between the window treatment, accent wall with drapery and the chandelier - this space appears larger
4. Less is More - keeping it simple is very important. You don't want to try and be so crazy creative to over clutter your small space.
5. Furniture selection - clean lines can help a small space appear to me larger and cleaner
6. Storage - Hidden is usually my preference... but if you can pull off storage in a clean organized way, I say go for it!!!

Meredith Greenberg

• Romanda Mayo Alewine

I live in a small space with 2 boys and my husband. I am moving the boys into 1 room and purchasing bunk beds for them. The 2nd room which is really small I want to setup as a study/game room. Where might I be able to buy the organizational desk you have listed under 6 Considerations for Small Spaces

• Susan

Beautiful and stylish!
  • Mary Newman

I live in a very small 1 bedroom apartment I found getting things that has more then one purpose. Ottoman's you can use them to store things in. I don't need a couch in my livingroom takes up to much space so I have 3 chairs & 3 Ottomans'. Mirror's make your room look bigger too.