Reworking the large front plant bed.

The two 50 yr. old Ilex have been in decline for the past 10 years the camphor tree grew, providing more shade than the Ilex liked. Freezes and droughts have taken their toll on other plants as well. Time to rework the bed.
reworking the large front plant bed, gardening, View from 1 2 way down the driveway bird of paradise Aztec grass tricolor ginger and oyster plants on fresh mulch
View from 1/2 way down the driveway; bird of paradise, Aztec grass, tricolor ginger and oyster plants on fresh mulch.
reworking the large front plant bed, gardening, A better look at the ginger and aztec grass
A better look at the ginger and aztec grass.
reworking the large front plant bed, gardening, Iris grasses and oysters in the shade of an oak and a camphor tree
Iris, grasses and oysters in the shade of an oak and a camphor tree.
reworking the large front plant bed, gardening, Tricolor ginger adds a lot of color and form
Tricolor ginger adds a lot of color and form.
reworking the large front plant bed, gardening, Large camphor with peacock ginger surround Plant bed begins at the fence wrapping around the garage and continues down the drive to the sidewalk
Large camphor with peacock ginger surround. Plant bed begins at the fence, wrapping around the garage and continues down the drive to the sidewalk.
reworking the large front plant bed, gardening, Did I mention this is a large bed
Did I mention this is a large bed?
reworking the large front plant bed, gardening, The now modest lily will mature to 6 ht with the baby shrubs maturing to 4 the icicles white mossy looking plants will expand but remain mounded I prefer to buy my plants small and let the grow into the bed
The now modest lily will mature to 6' ht. with the baby shrubs maturing to 4'; the icicles (white mossy looking plants) will expand, but remain mounded. I prefer to buy my plants small and let the grow into the bed.
reworking the large front plant bed, gardening, A closer look at those new additions replacing the failed Ilex
A closer look at those new additions replacing the failed Ilex.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 9 comments
Next