Mary B
Mary B
  • Excelsior, MN

Tips For Keeping Hydrangeas From Drooping!

Have you ever had the disappointing experience of buying or cutting Hydrangeas and having them immediately droop into an unsightly mess? This trick for conditioning Hydrangeas works for me. Read all about it on this post. I also have posted an amazing list of how to condition lots of different flowers here: http://sweetwaterstyle.blogspot.com/2013/07/cut-flower-conditioning-tips.html
tips for keeping hydrangeas from drooping, flowers, gardening, hydrangea, Cut your Hydrangeas in the early morning and immediately immerse them in water
Cut your Hydrangeas in the early morning and immediately immerse them in water.
tips for keeping hydrangeas from drooping, flowers, gardening, hydrangea, After making a sharp diagonal cut sear the bottom of the cut in a flame
After making a sharp diagonal cut, sear the bottom of the cut in a flame.
tips for keeping hydrangeas from drooping, flowers, gardening, hydrangea, Immerse the flowers up to their necks in cold water and cover them with a damp paper towel
Immerse the flowers up to their necks in cold water and cover them with a damp paper towel.
tips for keeping hydrangeas from drooping, flowers, gardening, hydrangea, The conditioned flowers will last a long time without drooping
The conditioned flowers will last a long time....without drooping!
Mary B

• Cindy

Or cut them and dip the freshly cut stems in alum

• Cindy Barry

I was told many years ago to throw old rusty nails around the bottom of the hydragea bush that it would give u deeper daker colours