Cat urine smell

MagsJannette TrevinoJessie
+7

Have do I get the smell of cat urine out of carpet??
  • KMS Woodworks

We use "natures miracle" for our doggie incidents.

• Fran Montana

Doesn't always work for me though. One of my 2 cats (both neutered males) had taken to painting all of my walls, furniture, and anything else he could reach. I was horrified when I got a UV light. He never did that in all of the 9 years I've had him and didn't when I got him a buddy (they love each other and did so right away) but when a strange black cat started showing up outside both of my cats went nuts and the older one (9) started his wall painting, as well as the curtains out in the kitty room. I couldn't keep up with it.

My cats are indoor cats so it's not like the stray is actually going to get in here but they both hate him (and he is weird...my neighbor's cats hate him too). I've tried cleaning with a pet urine enzyme and then spraying some "No More Spraying" but that hasn't worked. He's a sneaky little bugger too; he waits until he thinks I'm not looking and then does it. He's learned that the minute I see him backing his butt up to something he gets yelled at.

It wasn't until I found "Cat Spraying No More" that I was able to finally get rid of this tiresome behavior.

Now my house doesn't smell like a litter box anymore :)

Here's a link the their site if you're interested in checking it out.

• Vanessa Godfrey

White vinegar, pour onto spot and let set and blot up after 5-10 minutes.. cover with baking soda(a lot of it & it will foam up some, cover with a box or plate or something so the sport isn't walked on. Let the baking soda dry, you will see it change colors as it pulls up the urine and vinegar. Vacuum very good, repeat if need be.

• Lanie

Fill a spray bottle with plain, inexpensive, alcohol. Saturate the spot and blot. It will dry in minutes. Sniff to make sure you got the smell.. If not, repeat. The beauty is it's cheap, quick, and color safe. I had 7 indoor cats for years, once I used this remedy, I never used anything else!

• S137

Stink Free Urine and Odor Remover works great. It is meant to be applied to the problem area and left in to eliminate the odor so that even the cat or dog can't smell it. I found that it worked better than Natures Miracle. You can buy it at the "big box" pet stores.

• Frances

I used white vinegar too. Then I crushed a mothball and rubbed it into the spot .Left it overnight and vacuumed it up next day. Emptied the vacuum into the garbage and never had that problem again anywhere in the house.

• Frances

If you have small children be very careful of moth ball usage and also it's not good to breathe the fumes for a long time.

• Jessie

ODOBAN concentrate 9.99 a gallon at home depot.

• Jannette Trevino

2 parts water 1 part mouthwash in a spray bottle - saturate the area.. you can use newspaper or I use the water absorbing cloths (you can get them at the dollar tree store.) to blot up the moisture.

• Mags

Nature's Miracle.