My "New" Diy Potting Bench

I have been doing so much potting and planting and no place to work from- my back patio was a mess! Asked my wonderful son-in-law to help me build a potting bench from all of the odd pieces of wood I had in my garage. This is the fantastic result!
I painted it with paint left over from the house painting a couple of years ago, so it matches perfectly with my house! I attached a kitchen spice rack on the left side that has a couple of small shelves and a paper towel holder. I added a tension rod and old curtains I had to cover the stored items. It has a place for a plastic tub on top to catch the soil. I had a large pegboard slab that we attached to the back to hang my garden tools. And, it can double as a serving table when I have company outside. I just added another extension rod in the back to hang spray bottles to leave more room on the shelf!
I am in love with my new potting bench! It's so pretty I am going to hate getting it dirty :)
love my potting bench
attached a kitchen spice rack to one side that had a paper towel holder- how convenient!
has a built in opening for a plastic tub to catch the soil
the tension rod and curtains cover up the stored items underneath
with curtains open
bench was built with pieces of wood I had in the garage
Just added- another extension rod in back to hang spray bottles- leaves more room on the bottom shelf!
I really wanted an opening on top to put in a tub to catch the dirt
I had this large pegboard frame I thought would be perfect for hanging the garden tools
fortunately, there was enough paint left over from previous house painting so that it now matches the house

Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
3 Gorgeous Decor Projects In The Oh-So-Chic Geometric Style
Easy DIY Ideas To Add Some FUN To Your Office Space
15 Fun Things You Can Make Using Your Cricut
15 Home Improvement DIY Ideas You'll Want To Copy This Month

• Leslie
    Leslie

Thank you for sharing your project but I agree with Susie Gilmore, wish there was a precise instructional on how to make and put together. I think I can figure it out but pictures of construction and measurements would have helped especially with the plastic tub hole.

• Anne B
    Anne B

Love the plastic bin idea!! I have a different work bench in my garage that I might incorporate that into!