Amanda Torres
Amanda Torres
  • Northport, NY
Asked on Aug 1, 2013

How to cover pool equipment ?

Amanda TorresWoodbridge Environmental Tiptophouse.comKMS Woodworks
+1

We just finish installing a pool and the equipment is open. I want to cover it with something original, natural and unique. Thanks!
  • KMS Woodworks

How is the rest of your yard landscaped....ideally it would be best to get something that would blend in. I have a few sheds on my property and if I had to build a small enclosure I would use some cedar fencing and make a small lean-too type structure. You do not want to built the structure too small of seal it up too much for ventilation and maintenance issues.

• When we had our pool, we constructed a large wishing well structure to surround three sides of the equipment. Although we had installed underground pipes to place the filter and heater several feet away from the pool. To soften the look we planted large shrubs around the three sides of the short walls to help remove some of the noise that the equipment makes when its running. The beauty of this was the equipment was kept out of the rain and weather and provided a nice hidden storage for the chemicals and other pool accessories one buys when having a pool.

• Amanda Torres

thank you! I have cedar fence around the property and a water fall. I wanted to do something with some extra of the cedar panel I have left.

• Amanda Torres

Thanks for the answers, but I'm still hoping for more ideas. They contractor told me not to plan arborvitaes tree because the roots are too strong for the pipes