Sherrie
Sherrie
  • Nixa, MO

Cleaning solid hard wood flooring

When you clean wood flooring you are cleaning the sealer. The sealer protects your wood.
Turn off beater bars on a rug vacuum cleaner.
Never use these products on wood. Vinegar! Your Grandma used it so that makes it okay right? Your Grandma used vinegar she also waxed her floors with a paste wax. She stripped and re sealed it and buffed it several times a year. Most people now have a polyurethane finish on their floors. Vinegar will cloud then etch through the finish. This leaves the wood exposed and vinegar damages the wood. Think of drift wood. Crafters use vinegar to bleach wood out kind of a grayish finish. Wood soap. It is vegetable oil. After mopping your floors with it the water dries and leaves a residue. It makes
Your finish cloudy and it is hard to get off your floors. The more you use the more it builds up.
Green cleaning is simple. Use a micro fiber mop and spray bottle
Of water. Lightly most the mop and then mop, and dry, water is the enemy to wood flooring so protect it, dry it. Need a deeper clean? A few drops of dish soap in a bucket of water is all you need. A micro fiber mop. I mop in sections, then dry. You honestly don't need to
Do this often but with people, children and animals sometimes its a must do. Be sure and dry your floors.
Steam Mops
Don't use. Steam is forced down into the wood, it will create damage. The steam
Is forced in to the cracks and places of wood that aren't sealed. You can't dry those places. The floors will buckle and wrap with continuous use.
This is the generic version of cleaning hardwood flooring. Not exotic? Not engineered hardwoods.
There are many products to use. I use Bona on mine. When I need a cleaner. This is what my guideline from the manufactories guidelines suggest. My mothers new wood flooring
I didn't use her guidelines and using Bona streaked it her's suggested Bruce Flooringcleaners. But the generic's of cleaning both these floors with a little bit of water or a drop of dish soap were the same.
Cleaning Hardwood Flooring
Cleaning Hardwood Flooring

• Brenda

Just use olive oil and a little vinegar to fix a scratch on my hardwood floor Covered it completely I was really concerned really looks good

• Sherrie

Happy it worked for you!