Ottoman With Storage

Looking for an good size, I determined 16" high and 15" wide would be just right. So I cut three disc at 15" Diameter and twenty five slats 2" wide x 16" long.
Three 15" diameter discs. One for the bottom, one for the top, and one for the lid. Twenty five 2" wide and 16" long slats for the body of the ottoman.
I cut a smaller disc out of the top disc 2" inside creating a ring for the opening to access the inside for the storage. Then I cut 1/4" relief around the small disc to hold the top on the ottoman.
I pencil marked the bottom disc and top ring for a starting point to attach the slats. Wood glue and a crown staple nail gun to attach the slats. Here it is ready for batting and upholstery.
Found a baby cradle mattress pad at the local thrift store for $1.00. It was 1/2" batting with fabric quilted on one side. Where can you get batting for a Buck!
Some spray adhesive and tightening the batting as I rolled the ottoman. Hot glue where both edges of the batting meet. Spray adhesive on the lid and stapled on the underside. Ready for upholstery!
Had this tan fabric curtain leftover from making a valance for my living room bay window. Has a little shine to it. Perfect! Hot glue on the leading edge and wrapped the ottoman, tightening the fabric as I went along. Hot glue and a 1/2" overlap over the leading edge. Tightened and stapled the bottom and the inside of the ring. Then I stapled the fabric to the lid. Screwed the small cut out disc to the underside of the lid. Four furniture glides on the bottom.
Came out pretty good! Now my son has someplace to rest his feet when watching TV.