Pat aka Queen of Thrift
Pat aka Queen of Thrift
  • Scottsboro, AL

A Stroll to My Potting Area With Camera in Hand

Thrifty is nifty as I will explain as we tour it.
Recipe:Old windows, pallet wood, and some leftover boards from house building. Add some brain storming and creativity, mix it all together and you have a potting area!
I have the best brother in law! He was demolishing an old house and asked me if I wanted to go "picking" before he started. He loaded up my picks and delivered them to my garage...this old table, a screen door, two wooden doors & more.
The pot house idea began with two discarded windows. They are underneath the pallet wood roof.
I spotted this old metal yard chair in a nearby neighborhood. It was on a porch that was obviously never used for sitting....just storing things. It was free for the asking.
My shelves to the left of the "Pot House" are made from leftover boards. The table underneath is supported by the legs from the old green metal chair and the top is pallet wood.
Imagine the chair on top of these "legs" and frame, but now they are supporting....a table.
The Coke bottles & liquor bottle are from my picking adventure. I dug the  two small ones  out of the ground while digging a hole for a plant. The green one is a Nu Grape bottle.  Anyone remember those?
The Coke bottles & liquor bottle are from my picking adventure. I dug the two small ones out of the ground while digging a hole for a plant. The green one is a Nu Grape bottle. Anyone remember those?
I remember my grandparents talking about taking Hadacol.  I was really excited to get this one!
I remember my grandparents talking about taking Hadacol. I was really excited to get this one!
Just stuff
Just stuff
A better view of the stuff
A better view of the stuff

• Pat aka Queen of Thrift

Sounds like a plan. You are still young and full of energy no doubt. As you are making all those changes grab your camera and post the before and after. All the feedback that you would get just might be an inspiration to you and your projects just might inspire others! Just a thought.

• Sia@South 47th

Yes indeed. Folks here have seen the good the bad and the OH so Ugly!