Leanna Reece
Leanna Reece
  • Lafayette, IN
Asked on Aug 1, 2013

Need a way to upcycle my crutches into something practical...

ZKimberly BarneyLeanna Reece
+1

We are downsizing and need to keep my crutches (I'm a klutz), but have NO storage space. I've seen the tutorial turning crutches into a floor lamp, but mine are metal and I need to be able to maintain their structure/usefulness. I'm thinking of using them on the wall somehow, but that's about as far as I've gotten. Any ideas?
  • Linda Stone

Search "crutches" on Hometalk and you will see a couple of things people do with crutches.

• Leanna Reece

Thank you for the suggestion, but I've already exhausted the ideas currently available online. We are going to be in a tiny apartment with no garden, and the crutches must maintain their integrity.

• Kimberly Barney

As the crutches need to maintain their integrity and be able to be used when needed, you are limited to upcycling them. However, I was thinking that they could be used to as a shelf by placing brackets that they could rest on. The crutches themselves could hold books but you could also put a piece of glass over them for further storage ideas while leaving the appearance of the crutches without ruining the integrity.

• Z

Why not just hang them against the wall behind or beside your clothes in your closet? Most anything you do to repurpose them would keep you from quick access when you need them for their intended purpose.