Sheila L
Sheila L
  • Bryant, AR
Asked on Aug 1, 2013

What color is best to paint a sunroom

Sheila LWindow Replacement Orange CountyKimberly Barney
+3

what color is best to paint a sunroom
  • Nancy

Mine is kind of a pale sage green with white trim. I don't know if that's the "best" but it works!

• Sheila L

Thank you Nancy, that sounds very pretty! I have been looking at Hometalk rooms, Pinterest & at other sites & have been struggling with a decision. I love white because it is light & airy & have also been thinking of a pale yellow or even light blue & then white bead board & trim. Hmmm, decisions, decisions! :)

• Kimberly Barney

I am making plans for my future all-season room. As my room will be built off the back of the house and contain the brick exterior of my home, I plan to paint the interior the same color as the siding on the eaves of my home while using bright bold colors in my cushions. I particularly like the use of yellow, terra cotta, and red. I figure by going with a neutral paint color, too, the room will be able to be easily changed for the seasons. I plan for it to be the most casual room in my home to make it pet and grandbaby friendly.

• Sheila L

That sounds beautiful Kimberly! :)

• I think creamy goldenyellow color would be perfect for sunroom as sunroom in anything but some shadeof happy, but soft yellow or creamy white. I think on adding pretty fabrics,furniture, and accents to transform your sunroom into the most-used space inyour home.

• Sheila L

Thank you Joe! We have decided on a light shade of yellow! I am so excited to see how it will look.. When I get the room all together, I will try to post a pictures on here :)