Mary
Mary
  • Hughes, AR
Asked on Aug 1, 2013

Plant ID Please and Thank You :).

R.V.R. FarrisMaryPatricia W
+8

plant id please and thank you, gardening
  • J Paul W

Add to this post...weed

• R.V.R. Farris

Looks like some kind of maple.

• Robin Miller Cresci

It looks like a Japanese Maple. Highly coveted and can be very pricey. With some nurturing it will be a beautiful addition to your garden!

• agree. i believe its a japanese maple.

• Patricia W

Acer Palamatum. Japanese maple. You have a very nice specimen!

• Patricia W

Its funny, my 10 year old grandson ID'd it right away! he said Gramma, that's a Japanese Maple! We have had several varieties in out nursery. Yours looks like a Bloodgood.

• Mary

Thanks for all the input...I LOVE this site...especially when a 10 year old boy is involved...thanks to your Grandson Patricia!!!

• Mary

It's also funny Patricia W that I help with a junior garden club at our small local lake library and probably 80 percent of our participants are boys!!! I learned to love gardening from from Dad when I was young.

• Mary

Finally figured it out...it's a Red Leaf Chinese Hibiscus!!! Thanks for your help!

• R.V.R. Farris

WOW!! Never would have guessed that and it is a stunner! I'll probably have to look for one myself.

• Mary

@R.V.R. Farris It took me a while before I believed it...research helps!!!