Bev Kent
Bev Kent
  • Canada
Asked on Aug 1, 2013

White heat marks on wood furniture

Sandy BowlinLois PowellNina F
+4

How do I remove the white heat marks from a wood table?
  • Larissa ~ Prodigal Pieces

Here's what I've pinned... just in case. Mayonnaise. I've heard it works wonders!! Let me know if you it does the trick. :o)

• Sandy Bowlin

My son had white circles on his coffee table and I used a hot iron over a clean pc. of rag or cloth. It worked wonders, just keep circling it over and over until the white disappears.

• Catherine Smith

Yes, mayo does work and so does Sandy's suggestion. Takes some time and some patience, but well worth the effort.

• Bev Kent

tried the mayo with no success but the warm iron did the trick, thank you

• Nina F

I have a brown heat spot on a unfinished wood island... i tried the mayo but it didn't do a thing. Any suggestions?

• Lois Powell

Be cautious with the hot iron over a clean cloth. I used that method on a white spot on my table and ended up with a bigger spot. Made the finish crackly and rough.........much to my dismay.

• Sandy Bowlin

You can't keep the iron on one spot, you have to keep it moving around or it will also grab the old wax off the top and yes, leave a bigger spot. Sorry, should have mentioned that before. I actually DID DO THAT, but then I tried to go over it again with quick successions and it took that off too.