Our New Pond.

This last winter after looking all over the web I came across a picture. It was one of using a old tractor tire for a pond. I had just the place for one of my own. So after talking the hubby into it. I now have my own pond. It turned out so much nicer than I had imagined it. We went to the local John Deere Company and they gave us a old worn out tire. Even loaded it onto the pick-up for us. Then the work started. Now that the pond is almost finished and we have fish in it, a raccoon has decided we have opened a sushi bar. So we have borrowed a trap. Tonight we will bait it with some dog food and hope we catch him.
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, The flower bed just outside my front door had become over grown So we decided to place the pond here We dug out the flowers divided them and placed them in other spots in the yard I also gave some away
The flower bed just outside my front door had become over grown. So we decided to place the pond here. We dug out the flowers, divided them and placed them in other spots in the yard. I also gave some away.
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, Hubby had gotten started digging when we got rain
Hubby had gotten started digging when we got rain...
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, and more rain He went out 3 times in a couple weeks and took a bucket to get the water out so it would dry up About the time it was almost dry it would rain again filling the hole totally up
and more rain,,, He went out 3 times in a couple weeks and took a bucket to get the water out so it would dry up. About the time it was almost dry it would rain again filling the hole totally up.
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, Finally the hold was dry enough to dig on again I just had to sit the concrete fish in the hole for a couple days Company got a laugh at it
Finally the hold was dry enough to dig on again. I just had to sit the concrete fish in the hole for a couple days. Company got a laugh at it.
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, Then he started digging again
Then he started digging again.
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, and leveling the hole for the tire to be in the ground level
and leveling the hole for the tire to be in the ground level.
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, He got the tire installed and then dug out the center of the tire deeper
He got the tire installed and then dug out the center of the tire deeper.
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, We laid a bunch of newspapers into the bottom so rocks wouldn t poke holes into the liner
We laid a bunch of newspapers into the bottom so rocks wouldn't poke holes into the liner.
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, I got into the hold and had a cup of coffee while I waited for the water from our rain barrels to fill the pond I straightened the liner as it filled
I got into the hold and had a cup of coffee while I waited for the water from our rain barrels to fill the pond. I straightened the liner as it filled.
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, The liner shaped real nice The inside of the tire made for a ledge to sit the lights on At night its beautiful with the lights on in it
The liner shaped real nice. The inside of the tire made for a ledge to sit the lights on. At night its beautiful with the lights on in it.
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, Then we got a bunch of flat rocks and Hubby moved them around and around until he had them sitting just right
Then we got a bunch of flat rocks and Hubby moved them around and around until he had them sitting just right.
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, Then we bought some clear tubing and ran it up inside a old pump I had in the flower bed see pic 1
Then we bought some clear tubing and ran it up inside a old pump I had in the flower bed (see pic 1)
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, So close to being done In goes 6 koi
So close to being done. In goes 6 koi.
our new pond, outdoor living, ponds water features, The pond is done but we need to finish moving gravel around I now have 4 fish A raccoon has helped himself So we borrowed a trap I m hoping to relocate him far far away real soon
The pond is done but we need to finish moving gravel around. I now have 4 fish. A raccoon has helped himself. So we borrowed a trap. I'm hoping to relocate him far, far away real soon.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

4 of 149 comments
Next