Kelly
Kelly
  • Lahaina, HI

Living Room Reveal

We living in a very basic starter home that lacks personality. With a lot of DIYing and repurposing of furniture, we were able to to update our basic living room into something special to us. It's colourful and cozy, and totally kid & dog friendly (has to be in our house!). If you'd like to see more before and after pics please visit http://www.aswellplacetodwell.com/2012/04/living-room-reveal.html
living room reveal, home decor, living room ideas
Kelly

• Kelly

Michelle - we've had our Fiddle Leaf Fig for about 3 months...and so far it's doing great. I chose not to put it too close to the windows because we have big temperature fluctuations near our windows and in the winter and it can get quite cold close to them. I don't do much to it....just water it once a week or so, making sure it's not too wet and never gets dry. I also dust the leaves. It's growing like mad.

• Gabriella olea

The leaves like to be moistered with a little mixture of water and mayo....really every plant in the house and those outside butt in shade really get a lot from the oil in the mayo. And it's good to wait in between waterings as they tend to do better if they get a little dry before getting watered again. I usually also water them from the bottom of the pot because the leaves are a bit fussy about getting water on their leaves! Good luck!!