How To Turn A Curbside Dresser Into A Bar

I love curbside makeovers!!! I picked up this dresser that was missing one drawer because the hardware on the remaining drawers was so great. I was planning on just scrapping the dresser and keeping the hardware for another project.
Then, this happened!
I started thinking about other ideas for this dresser and then the bar idea came up. We ran with it. The first thing we did was make the holder that the glasses would hang from. We had some old, white cabinet doors in the garage that we used for the shelves (the arrow is pointing to the cabinet doors). Then, we cut and screwed scrap wood to the underside of the shelf that this cabinet door was going to be.
We made the glass holders on the top shelf so we still had storage above it and below it. We removed one of the trim pieces between two shelves so we had hanging room for the glasses and room for wine bottles on the shelf underneath.
To make sure the wine glasses, martini glasses and margarita glasses would stay in the holders, Matt added a thinner board underneath the thicker boards. The bottom of each glass will rest on this board.
Now it was time for paint! The HomeRight Spray Shelter was perfect for this project and Fusion Mineral Paint made the bar so handsome! You can find the (aff link) spray shelter by clicking here and the (aff link) paint I used by clicking here .
To see a more detailed tutorial and paint colors I used, head over to my blog. If you have a dresser at home that you aren't using anymore, this is a great way to repurpose it into something functional again!

• Fusion Mineral Paint  (Amazon)
  • HomeRight Spray Shelter  (Amazon)

3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
18 Ideas to Keep You From Feeling Blue
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Great Projects To Flip Your Cookie Sheet Pans
30 Useful Ways To Reuse Plastic Bottles
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
Grab Some Pool Noodles And Copy These 3 Ideas
Lindsay Eidahl

• Chris

Great idea!!

• Janelle

I do love this idea!! I have a small stand that I just repainted that I was trying to figure out how to use and I think Im going to convert one of the shelving spaces into a glass holder! Thanks for the idea!