How To Turn A Curbside Dresser Into A Bar

I love curbside makeovers!!! I picked up this dresser that was missing one drawer because the hardware on the remaining drawers was so great. I was planning on just scrapping the dresser and keeping the hardware for another project.
Then, this happened!
I started thinking about other ideas for this dresser and then the bar idea came up. We ran with it. The first thing we did was make the holder that the glasses would hang from. We had some old, white cabinet doors in the garage that we used for the shelves (the arrow is pointing to the cabinet doors). Then, we cut and screwed scrap wood to the underside of the shelf that this cabinet door was going to be.
We made the glass holders on the top shelf so we still had storage above it and below it. We removed one of the trim pieces between two shelves so we had hanging room for the glasses and room for wine bottles on the shelf underneath.
To make sure the wine glasses, martini glasses and margarita glasses would stay in the holders, Matt added a thinner board underneath the thicker boards. The bottom of each glass will rest on this board.
Now it was time for paint! The HomeRight Spray Shelter was perfect for this project and Fusion Mineral Paint made the bar so handsome! You can find the (aff link) spray shelter by clicking here and the (aff link) paint I used by clicking here .
To see a more detailed tutorial and paint colors I used, head over to my blog. If you have a dresser at home that you aren't using anymore, this is a great way to repurpose it into something functional again!

• Fusion Mineral Paint  (Amazon)
  • HomeRight Spray Shelter  (Amazon)

Lindsay Eidahl

• Georgett Tolman

I also have a dresser just like that one. I was wanting to do the exact same thing as you did without the wine glasses holder. I need to know a few things in how you did this. What did you used to hold up your shelves in the dresser? What did you used to hold up the bottom shelf? Did you sand the dresser before you painted it?

• Lindsay Eidahl

I did sand it before I painted it. There should be pieces on the insides of the dresser and then also the lip from the drawers. We used a nail gun to attach the shelf boards to those then. I hope I answered your questions. Good luck with your makeover!

• Barbara Cumby Drover

What is the color you used

• Lindsay Eidahl

I added a link in the post for the color. Click it and it will take you there. You can also check my blog post.

• Patricia Daley

Is this to be used for outdoors

• Lindsay Eidahl

I didn't seal it to use outdoors. I made it more for an indoor piece.

• Mary Ann Augst

What type of paint sprayer did you use?

• Cindy

Do you keep your projects or sell them?

• Chris

Great idea!!

• Janelle

I do love this idea!! I have a small stand that I just repainted that I was trying to figure out how to use and I think Im going to convert one of the shelving spaces into a glass holder! Thanks for the idea!