DIY Rotating Jewelry Storage Using Cereal Box & Paper Towel Tube

I came up with this idea of Rotating jewelry display to help my friend at our community center but it totally works for anyone who loves and has lot of jewelry to store or display.
diy rotating jewelry storage using cereal box paper towel tube, crafts, how to, organizing, repurposing upcycling
Take the paper towel roll and trace it in the bottom center of the cereal box and cut it out using a craft knife.
Cut the top part of the cereal box and cover the whole box with contact paper.
Now cut a cardboard piece which is bigger than the empty painter's tape roll. Use E6000 and glue one end of roll to the cardboard piece. Use a piece of cardboard if you don't have empty painter's tape roll.
Fill the paper roll with some weight. I used stones here. Cover the top with any desired scrap book paper of your choice. Also cover the entire paper roll and cardboard piece using scrapbook paper and Mod Podge. I used silver washi tape and covered the paper roll. But it is your choice to cover/mask them with whatever you have in hand. You can also use paint.It is totally up to you.If you don't have any empty cardboard roll like the one used here, you can also use pvc pipe for this purpose.
For rest of the steps on how I completed this jewelry box,click here
For a short clip of how it rotates, click here

• Empty cereal box
  • Paper towel cardboard tube
  • Empty painter's tape cardboard

Sahana

• Erin

How is this supposed to rotate?

• Sari Graham

You are a very talented and resourceful woman. Did you make the earrings?

• Barb in Texas

They're beautiful examples of that style, I have a friend who makes them out of polymer clay.

, Jhmukas I think
  • Leslie

How are you attaching the earrings to this box?? (The earrings that need the little earring backs on them)