Janet D
Janet D
  • Berlin, NH

sink we made from an old wash basin and it's pitcher

drilled hole in back of pitcher used plex tubing, cut hole in bowl for drain
sink we made from an old wash basin and it s pitcher, bathroom ideas, repurposing upcycling

• Judy West Bassett

I have an old bowl and pitcher and an old dresser. Can't figure out how we can mount the pitcher so it is used for the water faucet.

• Stephanie corley

In the picture above, wood was mounted on the back. I would cut 2 semi cirles at 2 different depths to place the pitcher on. One piece of wood if shorter used in front and a second higher piece in the back to allow the pitcher to pitch down. You could glue the pitcher to the wood for stability.

• Judy West Bassett

Thanks Stephanie. I appreciate the information.

• Renee Horton

What did you drill bowl and pitcher with. Wet drill or what

• Keith Johnson

It depends on what the pitcher is made of. If it is all ceramic, then you would need a diamond drill bit. If it is enamelware, then a combination of a diamond drill bit for the enamel and a metal hole saw for the metal part of the pitcher would work
  • Pam

What kind of handles fid you use to make them far enough apart?

• Linda T

I have bought 2 bowls at auction in the deep, dark past. One is normal sized, the other HUGE, so I use them for large salads for pot luck parties.

• Rebecca faer-chren

I used a diamond coated hole cutter (1 3/4") and it worked great for an old porcelain bowl. It is available from www.drilax.com. It is meant to be used wet to prevent overheating. Just go slow and it works beautifully!!!

, drilax hole diamond bit 1 3 4 to be used wet, hole drilled in old porcelain bowl to be used as sink