The Japanese garden pagoda I built by using plastic plant pots and cement.

I collected plastic pots of different shapes and sizes, cut the bottoms off, slit them up one side and taped the slit back together. filled them with concrete and then removed the pot by removing the tape after they dried 24 hours. They are still a bit damp so you can do "wet carving" on them to make your forms more rounded or smoothe. I used rebar again as I had with the Polatems in my earlier post, or you could use conduit, and make them into lanterns. Be sure to put a hole in the middle of each piece so you can fit them over the rebar/conduit. The circular pieces I made by just rolling in my hands...other pieces can also be made such as a finial for the top, which I have yet to make and put on the top.
the japanese garden pagoda i built by using plastic plant pots and cement, concrete masonry, gardening, Japanese pagoda I made with concrete and plastic pots as moulds
Japanese pagoda, I made with concrete and plastic pots as moulds.
the japanese garden pagoda i built by using plastic plant pots and cement, concrete masonry, gardening, A view from my upper deck
A view from my upper deck
the japanese garden pagoda i built by using plastic plant pots and cement, concrete masonry, gardening, This will become a path light
This will become a path light.

Questions on this post

Your question...
  1 question

Comments

2 of 58 comments
Next