Zee
Zee
  • Burleson, TX

BIRDFEEDER FROM VINTAGE ARCHETECTURAL MATERIALS

A friend, some years ago, was replacing all the newel posts on her beautiful Victorian home. I asked if I could have the cast off broken posts. I loaded my old pick-up to the brim with these fabulous century old hand turned posts and brackets. I have used them in many projects and thought I would share one with you. A birdfeeder which gets a lot attention in my back yard, at least from my feathered friends and one very naughty squirrel.
Side view of the feeder. An antique weather vane is mounted to the old tin roof for accent and a fun touch.
Used 4 posts cut to size for the columns, topped with old tin for the roof.
The base sits centered on an antique post . No seed is in it at present as I have a naughty squirrel who has become quite the glutton.
Sorry, about the quality, but this shows the colorful weathervane's center sphere.
This is Mister Yosemite Ham. He sits at the base of the feeder, but has not intimidated Rocky G. ( for glutton)  Squirrel as of yet.
This is Mister Yosemite Ham. He sits at the base of the feeder, but has not intimidated Rocky G. ( for glutton) Squirrel as of yet.

Zee

• Celia

Those lucky birds! That is VERY nice!!

• Linda

I understand, and I do like your bird feeder, I'm always looking for unique ideas and yours is one. Thank you!