6' Tall King Size Pallet Headboard

We took apart several pallets which to be is the bummer part of the project. The fun begins after all of the nails ans staples are removed. I thought I'd use several different colors of stains and layer them like we layer the faux finishes of paint we use.
We started with a dark stain as the base color - waited until it was dry then sanded it. We then added two other colors then sanded them. We wanted the front to have a lot of character so we tried to hand pick the boards that best pulled that look off.
We made our frame and painted it a satin Onyx black so that if any boards didn't line up that you wouldn't see any bare wood through the openings or gaps.
We assembled the boards to the front then added 4 cotes of polycrylic with a satin finish. Last, we added our side skirts and trademark 8" deep crown molding shelf. The sides skirts and crown molding shelf were also painted a satin Onyx Black.
Tell us what you think!

• Trish

love..love..love this. How pretty indeed.. you all can take a bow for a well done job..

• Trish

I have been collecting pallets just for this reason. I just need to figure out how to make shelves (cubbies) the headboard so I can get rid of the bed stands. Maybe I will just make it.. oh say...3 feet high nd just add to the width at the top.

• Vintage Headboards

@Trish sounds great. Make sure to post it here when you're done. It you need some inspiration pls take a look at our website www.vintageheadboards.net