Patty S
Patty S
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Sturgeon Bay, WI

I am proud of my kitchen

I remodeled my 1970's kitchen myself. I refaced the cabinets with wainscoting and picture frame molding. I did my own tile work on the countertops and backslpash. I also made my own roman shade above the sink.
Kitchen redone, sink area, baking table and doors beyond hide the washer aand dryer.
Dining area and built-in desk and china cabinet.
i am proud of my kitchen, home decor, kitchen design
The fridge was once to the right of the cupboards, which stuck out into the dining area..We moved the fridge to the left and shoved the cabinets down to the right...makes it much roomier and brings the fridge closer to the cooking area.
Before
Before

• Mike Williamson

Absolutely beautiful! Nice work! I'm very impressed. Is your table made from a slab? What did you use for your flooring?

• Patty S

Yes, my table is made from a ponderosa pine slab. The legs are Mansanita, which is a shrub that grows in the Mountains of Arizona. The floor is 4 inch Hickory natural wood, but I would do a more distressed wood if I would ever do it over. We have a large Dog and he has scratched it up pretty badly.