Lori J
Lori J
  • Broken Bow, NE

Potting Bench

When we replaced the old front door on our 100 year old home, I couldn't bring myself to throw the old one away. This is how we transformed it into a potting bench with repurposed lumber and few new bits and pieces.
potting bench, doors, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, The sink is the original one from the kitchen in the house salvaged from the cellar
The sink is the original one from the kitchen in the house, salvaged from the cellar.
potting bench, doors, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, The shelf is a 3 thrift store find
The shelf is a $3 thrift store find.
potting bench, doors, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, The door knob plates from the old door
The door knob plates from the old door.
potting bench, doors, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, The other plate
The other plate.
potting bench, doors, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, A couple of clearanced hooks from Hobby Lobby
A couple of clearanced hooks from Hobby Lobby.
potting bench, doors, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, I installed wire mesh into the window space and added this cross section so I would have a place to mount an old rake head for a tool rack
I installed wire mesh into the window space and added this cross section so I would have a place to mount an old rake head for a tool rack.
potting bench, doors, outdoor living, repurposing upcycling, The bench is in heavy use already
The bench is in heavy use already.

• Max

Can anyone advise where we can get plans to build this? Thank you in advance for any information.

• Rebecca

What did u use for the frame

• Marilyn Hickey

Just really love your re-do.

, I m inspired to get creative Wouldn t take much but your sink is awesome I m going to the Re store
  • LouAnn

I love this idea. I have the same sink from my grandparents house & I have it down in my garden area. I've been trying to figure out how to build a stand for it. Thank you for this idea, I'm going to give it a try.