Lori J
Lori J
  • Broken Bow, NE

Potting Bench

When we replaced the old front door on our 100 year old home, I couldn't bring myself to throw the old one away. This is how we transformed it into a potting bench with repurposed lumber and few new bits and pieces.
The sink is the original one from the kitchen in the house, salvaged from the cellar.
The shelf is a $3 thrift store find.
The shelf is a $3 thrift store find.
The door knob plates from the old door.
The door knob plates from the old door.
The other plate.
The other plate.
A couple of clearanced hooks from Hobby Lobby.
I installed wire mesh into the window space and added this cross section so I would have a place to mount an old rake head for a tool rack.
The bench is in heavy use already.
The bench is in heavy use already.

• Max

Can anyone advise where we can get plans to build this? Thank you in advance for any information.

• Rebecca

What did u use for the frame

• Marilyn Hickey

Just really love your re-do.

, I m inspired to get creative Wouldn t take much but your sink is awesome I m going to the Re store
  • LouAnn

I love this idea. I have the same sink from my grandparents house & I have it down in my garden area. I've been trying to figure out how to build a stand for it. Thank you for this idea, I'm going to give it a try.