Rachel Z
Rachel Z
  • Huntington, IN

Started a Garden Art Project, and ended up with a Dinning Room Centerpiece.

Using four separate Terra Cotta pieces I found at the local Good Will and some silicone glue to start.
Using four separate Terra Cotta pieces I found at the local Good Will and some silicone glue to start, I assembled and white washed. Thought I would use it in the garden with Hens and Chicks, but I wasn't thrilled with the result.
Decided to  add some color. White washed a second time and then added a moss green to the flower pot and Lantern
Decided to add some color. White washed a second time and then added a moss green to the flower pot and Lantern
Painted the little bird blue
Painted the little bird blue
Disassembled an old grape vine wreath, and added it to the piece
Found a silk swag at Good Will brand new with the tags still on it. Took it apart and added it too, along with a little dried grass inside the lantern section.
Couldn't leave it in the garden after adding the silks so now its in the dinning room!

• Marilyn T

Absolutely lovely.

• Susan

If I may add a comment? Silk flowers are pretty passe' right now....a no-no. I like the ones on the right hand side (not too overpowering)....but if you took off the large pink and blue flowers and some of the smaller ones around it...and added a birds nest with a bit of moss in it, would look much more elegant!