Rachel Z
Rachel Z
  • Huntington, IN

Started a Garden Art Project, and ended up with a Dinning Room Centerpiece.

Using four separate Terra Cotta pieces I found at the local Good Will and some silicone glue to start.
Using four separate Terra Cotta pieces I found at the local Good Will and some silicone glue to start, I assembled and white washed. Thought I would use it in the garden with Hens and Chicks, but I wasn't thrilled with the result.
Decided to add some color. White washed a second time and then added a moss green to the flower pot and Lantern
Painted the little bird blue
Disassembled an old grape vine wreath, and added it to the piece
Found a silk swag at Good Will brand new with the tags still on it. Took it apart and added it too, along with a little dried grass inside the lantern section.
Couldn't leave it in the garden after adding the silks so now its in the dinning room!

• Marilyn T

Absolutely lovely.

• Susan

If I may add a comment? Silk flowers are pretty passe' right now....a no-no. I like the ones on the right hand side (not too overpowering)....but if you took off the large pink and blue flowers and some of the smaller ones around it...and added a birds nest with a bit of moss in it, would look much more elegant!